Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Thankful Tuesday

I am going to find three things each Tuesday to be thankful for. I have a couple more today, but here are some for today.
  1. I am so thankful for the beautiful summer sunshine. I love being in the sun, and when it is warm I get to swim. When I am in the water I am in my element. I am slowly turning darker day by day, and I love it. With each day and each shade darker my skin gets, the less makeup I have to wear. That means all I have to do in the morning is put on some mascara and do my hair. It saves me so much time, and I feel so much better. 
  2. I am thankful for my standards. Today I walked on campus, and someone was smoking. I almost started crying. They signed the honor code just like I did, and I would only hope that they would abide by it. I love the honor code. It is what sets BYU apart from other universities. I am thankful for my family, friends, and my church for helping me maintain my high standards. 
  3. I am thankful for water. There is nothing I love more than swimming. I love the smell of chlorine, the ache of my muscles after tubing, and the happiness that comes with just being in the water. Water is my element. If I could be an animal, I would be a mermaid. I do not know if that counts, but I would love it. 
  4. I am thankful for the kid who cleans the gum off of the ground on campus. When I first came here I thought it was miraculous that there was seriously no gum anywhere. It took me a year to find out some poor kid wakes up early in the morning and scrapes it up every morning. I thank him for making my campus a beautiful place. 
  5. I am so thankful to be a part of BYUSA. It took a lot to get me involved. At the beginning I thought all of them were crazy and loud, but as time went on I just wanted to be a part of it. Then, it took them forever to place me, but with the help of my friend (and, as much as I hate to admit it, my dad) I got a position as a committee member. Even then, I was not really involved. I helped with a few presentations but that was all. This year I am REALLY involved. As tired and stressed as I get at times I am thankful to be a part of something so spectacular and to have some of the best friends. I love seeing the BYUSA posters that say "It's you." I look at them and know. It's me. 

2 comments:

  1. girl. you, my friend, rock. also i love this post idea...thankful tuesday or something!

    anyways. i'm extremely sad that i didn't see you while you were down here! i wanted to go to chicken express and mrs baird's bread and dr pepper and braums and all the texas stuff we both looove :)

    but i'll be up there in 2 weeks. so i better see you then!!! :)

    enjoy byu for me. i'm sooo jealous! hope summer semester's going well. you know classes and all that haha!!

    love ya girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sad too! I did not get to see you or Amanda. I feel like my time was so slow, but it went by so quickly. I hope I do get to see you when you are up here! I miss you all so much. I was thinking today that I will not be able to go home until Christmas. That is a long time, but I think seeing people from home will make it easier. I will definitely enjoy it for you. I am having so much fun already! Love you and talk to you soon!

      Delete

Just Trust Me

One of my aunts talks really fast and is an excellent story teller. She once told a story about a couple of her kids. They had been talking ...