Sunday, February 16, 2014

Faith Isn't a Step into the Dark

Can we talk about those weird conversation hearts for a minute? I found one the other day that said, "Hi Dad." Kind of weird... Now, I could say that Valentine's Day was a sad day. It is Single Awareness Day after all. Funny thing is, it was hard for sure, but I was fine. I got to spend a couple hours with Kaitlyn watching James and his roommates sing at a little restaurant. I also got to watch You've Got Mail which is just a really good movie. Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks... Seriously best couple in movies. Meg Ryan with the dream of someone else. Tom Hanks saying, "Don't cry, Shopgirl." I loved it. I also have the most amazing family who sent me a package complete with chocolate, a card, and the cutest and softest giraffe. I named him Georgio. I am so thankful that they love me so much. I love them a ton! 
Yesterday I had only the best Saturday. I didn't wake up in the best mood because I had to get up early to do an interview with a social worker in Spanish Grove. "What is a weekend?" is becoming a real question in my life. Once the interview started and I was fully awake, I was in a much better mood and learned a ton. For everyone worried about me because of the profession I have decided to go into, don't. I know that I am going into a profession with one of the highest rates of burnout, I know people think it is hard because each day is completely different, and I know that social workers do not get paid very much. Sitting in this interview I got an overwhelming feeling that I was doing exactly what I needed to be doing. It is what is right for me and my future family. It took a lot of prayer and worry to decide on a major. This is what I need to do. I will be taken care of. 
On the way home a song I haven't heard in a while came on. Some of the lyrics said, "It's written in the stars a million miles away, a message to the main. Seasons come and go. But I will never change, and I'm on my way." I'm on my way to a new life. Changes are coming. Changes for the good I hope. The rest of my day only got better. I got to go see The Book Thief with Janessa, Ashley, and Julie Anne. Oh my, such a good movie. I loved it. It was really sad and may make you cry (I teared up many times), but it was a wonderful and beautiful movie. It reminds you to actually see what you are looking at. I would certainly watch it again. I also watched the new Hobbit movie. I really like The Lord of the Rings, but the Hobbit movies aren't my favorite. I will say the dragon was fabulous. 
I got out of bed at 11 today. It felt so good to have clean sheets and catch up on the sleep I missed out on over the week. Today I also sang with the ward choir in church. I don't know if it sounded good or not, but I sang! Janessa and I kept laughing all during practice. It was a huge feat that we kept it together during the actual thing. We laughed through most of church, actually. I don't know what was going on, but I did learn that faith isn't a step into the dark. Faith is a step into the light. I am taking a step into the light with my job and my life in general. 

1 comment:

  1. You sang in the choir! You watched You've Got Mail! You're the greatest. Ever!

    ReplyDelete

Just Trust Me

One of my aunts talks really fast and is an excellent story teller. She once told a story about a couple of her kids. They had been talking ...