Monday, June 15, 2015

Summer Happenings

A lot of people say that their lives are either a mess of chaos or smooth sailing. I do not feel my life is that way. If you want to stay with the sailing analogy my life is always sailing. Sometimes I am sailing through storms, sometimes it is only a small wave that hits just right and knocks the boat over, sometimes I have to paddle because there is no wind, sometimes the wind does hit just right and helps me cruise along. The funny thing about sailing is that no matter how well it's going you still have to be careful and steer your boat. 
I am so thankful that I have a loving Heavenly Father help me throughout my journey. I would never be able to do it alone. On June 6, I got to go through the temple. After what felt like everything going wrong beforehand, going in the temple was so peaceful. It was beautiful and perfect, and I am still so excited and just in awe of it all. After going through, mom and I went to the riverwalk. We got to ride the river boats, we explored the little mall they have there, we went in some of the little shops, we had the best enchiladas with cilantro cream cheese sauce, and I got a little flower crown made of paper (when I was little we went to San Antonio, and I got one with curling ribbon coming out the back; this one was the grown up version). I do wish my dad and brother had been able to go, but I loved it anyways. 
Yesterday, my baby turned one. She is such a great blessing in my life with all of her love. My sweet, sassy, rambunctious, playful, snuggly puppy is one! I was going to make her healthy dog treats, but it was her first birthday. She needed something extra special. Naturally, I made brownie pops.
 And in other news, I applied for Master's programs at TWU and ASU. I got accepted to both, but I accepted the offer from ASU. I start in August, and I will finish in a year and a half if I go full time and two years if I go part time. I'm going to be a sun devil. Don't worry though. I won't be wearing that red all of the time. I'm going to stick with my classy navy and white. :)
The rest of my summer is going to Washington, lounging by the pool, working, and being a bridesmaid in two of my best friend's weddings!!! I love summertime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...