Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Back in Texas

I am back in Texas. All of my first year in school I wanted to go home. Now I am back, and I want to go back to Utah. The mountains add a sense of security that one cannot get from the level ground here. I love the LDS temples and churches on every corner. They make me smile. BYU billboards make me feel like I am a part of something important, and I love that feeling. The air in Utah may be thinner, but I love how clean it seems to be. People there are simply spectacular. There is no other way to describe them. Now that I am home I really have nothing to do. All of my friends are still in school. My mom is at work all day, my little brother is in school, and my dad is down in bed most of the time. What am I supposed to do? There is no one to spend my time with. Honestly, I miss my roommates and BYUSA. I had an amazing freshman year at BYU. From being the one that hated being there to being the one that did not want to leave, I have grown to love every minute of my experience. Four scars, twelve finals, countless midterms and assignments, activities, numerous new friends, laughing until I cried, so much fun, disappointments, my first date, adventures, many ice cream trips, a really bad crush, awkward moments, conversations with my roommates that varied from spiritual to quote wall worthy, new experiences, some trouble, and a few missteps later, I am starting a new chapter in my life. I am about to turn eighteen. As much as I love being home and seeing my family, I cannot wait to return to BYU for a summer term to learn and discover so much more not only in my studies but about myself in general. It has been a crazy journey to get to be where I am today, and I want it to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...