Sunday, May 6, 2012

Making the Best of Life

Yesterday I got to spend some time with my best friend. The only problem was that I am different. We still get along so well and have so much fun, but in the car when we usually talk I found myself not knowing what to say. I looked out the window and realized how much I really missed Utah. Somehow in the eight months I was there it became a huge part of me. I let it get to me. Yesterday during our girls' day we went to Granbury and went around the square into all of the little shops. I am not a big fan of the little shops so I ended up only getting a scarf and some fudge. It was nice to be able to see Ashley anyways though. I think the heat got to me too. I am not used to the ninety degree weather in May anymore. I just got used to Provo weather, and now I am back in good old Texas. After our long day was over my mom and I went to Target and then went home. At some point in the car ride she told me one of the things she loved about me was the fact that I always try to be happy. When I went to visit my old high school last Thursday my old counselor told me that she loved how I had such a positive view on life. Many others have said things to this nature. That got me thinking, and I realize that I usually do try to make the best of whatever situation I am in. In junior high when I skipped a grade and had no friends, somehow I ended up enjoying it. In high school when things were hard and I had to change schools again I got through. My junior year when all of my friends were changing and some of my classes were pushing me to the edge of my sanity, I kept going trying to keep a smile on my face. Now that I look back at my high school experience I realize how much fun I had, how much I learned, and the importance of good friends, teachers, and counselors. After a whole year at BYU I look back with the same feelings. Yes, I went through some tough times whether it was ridiculously hard classes that no AP class could prepare me for, homesickness, or a rather unexpected turnout in my roommates, but I love it all. I grew from all of those experiences. I will keep a smile on my face even when it is hard not for me but for those around me. Sometimes we all just need someone in our lives that always smiles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...