Sunday, May 27, 2012

Tears of Joy and Sadness

This was going to be like any other ordinary night. I was going to watch a movie. Was... Then, I happened to get on Facebook. I started looking through all of my old photos. Some of them made me smile, some made me laugh, and some brought tears to my eyes. Talking to friends from what I came to know as home, I realize how much I miss it. It is nice being back in Texas. I am getting a nice tan, I run during the week, and I have watched just about every good movie we own (we have A LOT of good movies). When I went to Utah everything changed. My short hair has grown long, I dress differently, I talk differently (I never thought I would say "for rude"), I think differently, and I think I act differently. People here, my family especially, think I should be that same little girl that left them last August. I am not that girl anymore. 
So here I am enjoying myself looking through all of the pictures of me through time. Then, I get to the ones of college life. Then, I start liking everything and sometimes unliking things so I can like them again like a friend taught me. Eventually pictures are put on my wall, a post on my wall led to a conversation, and we had the funniest group chat I have ever had. My somewhat crappy day has made a dramatic turn for the better. So here I am sitting in my room, at my desk, with my huge Dalmatian in my lap (she thinks she is a lap dog like my little terrier). I woke her up once because I was laughing so hard a tear rolled down my cheek and hit her in the face. Another time I actually started crying and she woke up long enough to lick my face to make sure I would be ok. I am fine. I just miss all of my friends who always made me laugh, who were there even when I was having a bad day, and who never fail to brighten my day. 
15 days until I am back in Utah. I have a friend counting down the days with me. Then, I will be able to start my BYUSA job, enjoy the mountains, try to not die with the thin air, find a job, and see all of the people I have been missing so badly. So instead of watching a movie, I am now jumping in my chair with my dog in my lap in excitement. Next thing you know, an hour has gone by. New people start liking your conversations, and the whole thing starts all over. I love these guys!
Dani showing me how much she loves me and how excited she is that we will see each other again soon. (I am glad she did this instead of getting undressed because she is also famous for doing that in all the excitement) What could be better than talking to friends as good as these?



3 comments:

  1. Megan, no joke this just made me cry. I can't believe how much I grew in that year as well. I came home so different and so much happier than I was. And I was so much better of a person! And you especially contributed to that! I'm grateful to have you as an example in my life.

    Wow this got sentimental really fast! But in all reality, that really is how I feel. I can't imagine having freshman year without you and your apartment and Janessa! Sophomore year will be that much better now that we've all gotten to know each other!

    I love you so much and I miss you! I cannot wait to see you again! My gorgeous Texan friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! This is so beautiful...Last night was definitely one of the best nights ever. <3 I am so excited to see you. I might just forget my pants at home. Just kidding that's creepy but you know what I meant. Love you Megan. I am also grateful for your wonderful example and spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thankful for the both of you. With your help I got through something I could have never prepared myself for. I love you both for always making me laugh until I had tears coming out of my eyes, and I love you for watching scary movies with me. One word. Rosa....

    ReplyDelete

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...