Tuesday, August 15, 2017

The Clark Gable for My Vivien Leigh

Do you ever do something crazy? I do. Sometimes. Just a couple weeks ago I decided I would just start looking for a puppy since time is drawing closer for me to get out on my own which means Vivi needs a friend. I never thought I would find one so quickly. Not only did I find a little brother for Vivi, but he was brown. And he was precious. 
I saw his picture, and the next day I brought him home. When I first saw him I fell in love. His previous owner couldn't keep him anymore. When he handed him to me he was the squirmiest little guy!! I should have known then... Driving home felt like forever because he barked the entire time in his crate unless I reached my hand back there for him which was kind of an uncomfortable position for me. Then, when we got home he didn't stop moving. Ever. I finally had to put him back in his crate because he would not calm down! After a couple days I seriously thought I was going to have to give him back because he just wouldn't calm down, but after a stern talking to he has settled and is working on the whole potty-training thing. 
Although he is more hyper than Vivi and is obviously much harder to train (actually, just imagine the complete opposite of Vivien in every way), he won all of our hearts. He looks up at you with so much love, and you have to love him back no matter how crazy he is making you or how mad you are at him. He has made himself right at home. He is learning to walk on a leash, knows how to sit and lay down, is crate trained (yay!), and we are working on getting him to like snuggling. 
At first, Vivien Leigh was not a huge fan. She wouldn't come near him. She was living up to her namesake. And, also true to character, now that she has warmed up to him she only wants to play on her terms. But I really do think they are friends now thank goodness. It made me so sad when she did not like him. I got him for her, after all! So Clark Gable, previously known as Hei Hei, born on May 5, 2017 has made a place in our hearts and our home. 
Update: I wrote this yesterday and had to re-read it today to remind myself that I really do love this rambunctious little guy. He truly was a monster this morning, but after looking this over again I guess I still love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...