Friday, October 19, 2012

New Beginnings



It is amazing how quickly and drastically things can change within a couple of days. As I said in an earlier post, I hit rock bottom last week. It was rough, but I also pointed out the fact that it gave me a chance to start over. It is like when you are swimming. If you jump in, it is much easier for you to get back up to the surface if you hit the bottom and push yourself back up rather than a frantic reaches to get you up. Sometimes I forget. This week no one told me I looked tired. Not once. No one asked me if I was ok. They could tell I was. This week I was asked out on three dates. I signed up for the Lazy Man Iron Man as well as a 5K. I made dinners. I got enough sleep. I did my homework early. I left the BYUSA office right at five every day. I had adventures. My life did a complete three sixty. Do you know what I changed? I asked questions. I looked at the world with glittering eyes. I smiled. I found something to be thankful for each day. I promised myself to do whatever was best for me while making everyone happy at the same time. I am truly happy. I have to make a family flag for my family processes class. It has taken me a long time to think of what to do. My family is not one of those that hold hands and say "families are forever" after family prayer. I don't mind that at all. Anyways, I spent all week trying to think of a family motto. I am going with "Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining." I know it is a cliche saying, but it is true. My family has been through a lot, but with love, hard work, and perseverance we always make it through on top. They taught me the value of hard work. They taught me how important it is to keep trying. I love them, and I cannot wait to start this project. I think this idea came through the change that I have gone through the past couple weeks. People are once again fighting over me, I am going on dates!, and I know I will be able to make it through whatever comes my way with a little help. 


2 comments:

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...