Friday, November 14, 2014

I Don't Care If Monday's Blue

Sunday I tried another singles ward. That makes three now. I think someone should write a book about the life of someone in singles wards. Adventures and Mishaps in Singles Wards. Maybe I should write it. Maybe I will. Anyways, there were maybe 12 people there. And the Primary from the family ward before came in and did their program for us. And Sunday School consisted of a teacher without a lesson planned. And Relief Society was a girl reading from the lesson book and sitting on the table with an all too short dress so flashes of red underwear were quite frequent. Sadly, it was still better than the Arlington one.
Monday... Oh Monday... I felt like nothing was going right. I had a job interview, and I was stressed. Good thing I got the position. Otherwise I probably would have broken down in tears right then and there. I mean, the rest of my day consisted of not being able to print my resume, it finally printing but coming out on two pages instead of one, and Vivien eating the paper snowflakes I had taped to my window. But, like I said, I got the job! It is only a seasonal job, but it is something. And, maybe it will give me a foot in the door for a job when this seasonal one is over.
The rest of the week went as usual. Vivien being a terror even though she has been sleeping more because it is so cold outside, errands, paperwork for my new job, and most importantly, talking to my friends. Julie Anne even wrote me a poem. I love all of my friends, and now that my picture board has pictures of all of them I love going in my room even more than I used to. It got cold here which means I can bring out the 2/3 of my wardrobe that has been hidden in a drawer or in the back of my closet. Winter!! It's like Utah, and it makes me smile. Wow. I never thought I would say that. Except, my feet do get cold at night because I don't like wearing socks to bed. I wouldn't mind it if Vivien, who is a little space heater, would let me put my feet on her. It's just bad because every time I do so she growls at me. This week I have also been cooking dinner a lot. I have been craving Cafe Rio. We don't have those in Texas so I made their pulled pork. Oh my yum. Dad said if it didn't get me a husband nothing would. It was that good.
Ryan got off school early today. Which obviously means that we made a pan of brownies and at it with forks while watching a movie wrapped in a blanket and later eating leftover pulled pork. If you want the recipe here it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...