Monday, May 18, 2015

Artsy Fartsy

I didn't draw much in college. I don't think many people knew I could with the skilled stick men I drew on my notes when I was bored in class. After getting a less than satisfying score on my high school AP art portfolio it was hard to pick up a pencil again. You can only hear that your skies are too blue or your colors are too bright or pale or don't contrast enough so many times. After college I decided to pick up my pencils again and draw what I loved most. Flowers. I started with a sunflower in the sunshine. Then, I moved on to my mom and dad's anniversary present: Texas wildflowers. An elementary teacher saw pictures of them I put up on Facebook and asked me to commission two pieces. I just finished them. I may never commission a piece again, but I enjoyed doing it. Here are the pieces I have done since graduation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...