Thursday, October 20, 2016

The One About Homecoming

So, here's the deal. This internship has been stressful to say the least, so I wanted to take a break. I have also always been so involved in BYU Homecoming activities that I wanted to return as an alum and join in on the festivities. I wanted to hike and light the Y and go to the game and see Spectacular! And guess what?! I did. :) It all started with Hike and Light the Y. They got to buy the land the Y is on so they redid the Y and the trail. They built lights into the Y, and I got to participate in those new lights being used for the very first time. I almost didn't make it up the mountain! I forgot how tough of a hike that was. Good thing I will always love the view from the top which makes it all worth it. Vivi got to meet Cosmo for the first time! She wasn't sure about him, but he loved her. And, on our way down, I lost Vivi. She wasn't on her leash and I guess got confused by the dark and all of the people coming down the mountain at the same time so she just stopped I guess. All I know is at one point I turned around and realized I had lost her. A couple of minutes later the nicest guy came down holding her in her little sweater. He said he wanted to take her home with him, but I made him give her back! Thank goodness I found her! 
 Then there was the homecoming game. I mean, they haven't won a homecoming game since before my freshman year of college. I wanted them to win so so badly! The whole game was an edge of your seat game. Maybe that was just because I was there and wanted them to win, but maybe it wasn't. When the fourth quarter ended we were tied. At the end of the first overtime we were tied. In double overtime, we all too easily ran in for a touchdown. Then, somehow, we were able to block the other team from getting a touchdown. When that happened, the stadium erupted. There was an insane amount of noise and everyone was rushing the field. All I could do was scream. My boys in blue pulled it out for me in the end, and I was ecstatic! Best game ever to buy tickets and be there for!!!
 Last but not least was BYU Spectacular! They always bring in an outside artist, and this year they brought in three. They brought in the one and only glorious Gladys Knight, Lexi Mae Walker, and a YouTube acapella sensation.I have always loved Spectacular, but this year getting to go with Meghan and having Gladys bringing her soul into our music just made my day!!!
 This week has been pretty great as well. I got to help my mom on a Christmas project, take Vivi to the park where fall is in full force, watch movies, be on my own and shadow new areas in my internship, go out to dinner with my old roommate Janessa, and just relax! Those are my favorite kind of weeks! It also helps that on one of my trips to Provo I picked up a half gallon of BYU chocolate milk. Oh my I have a half gallon of divinity in my fridge right now! I actually think I'm going to have some. Right now. Have a great night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...