Saturday, October 8, 2016

I Believe in Sparkles. I Believe in Magic. I Believe in Miracles.

Heavenly Father knows each and every one of us and He hears each one of our prayers. When I feel lonely, frustrated, or sad, I know He is there to help me through whatever is making me feel that way. With each little sparrow hopping around, each rainbow over the mountain, each beautiful color in the leaves and flowers, each time the sunlight filters through the trees, each soft breeze, each beautiful sunset, each look into Vivien's deep brown eyes, each carefree butterfly, each tight hug, and each little sparkle I see and feel Him in my life. I can be so frustrated by something that happened at my internship or so heartbroken that the package I sent to my little brother got lost, but He always finds simple ways to remind me that He loves me, he hears me, and He is there for me always. I believe in magic. I believe in miracles. And I believe that we truly can do anything through Christ who strengthens us. 
 Over conference weekend I was able to take Vivien to Thanksgiving Point. That is one of my favorite places here in Utah. We took our time through the park and enjoyed every bit of it (well, except Vivien was not enjoying stopping to take pictures). They have sculptures of Christ in the middle of the gardens that I have always loved. This time, I found a sculpture of Joseph Smith receiving the first vision actually in a grove of tress. It was magical to see as I walked through the grove, the sun came out and shone right on the three figures. If that isn't magical I don't know what is. It just cemented my testimony as I felt the spirit in that little grove of trees even with other people all around me. Then, as I walked back out to the sculptures of Christ I stopped and watched for a minute. I watched as little kids reached up to feel the prints in his hands or the mark on his side. I watched as people who were laughing and running and playing through the park walked up to these statues with reverence. 
I walked out of that place feeling the Spirit stronger than I had been before. It was the perfect thing to do in between conference sessions and when I was having a hard time understanding why certain things were not going the way I would like them to (but what's new with that?). My little brother got the package I sent him this morning, I am halfway through with my internship, and there are only 64 days until I graduate. I am progressing. With His help, I can make it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...