Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Sun's Out Fun's Out

Sometimes you end your day in the best of ways. You get to go eat s'more after s'more in all kinds of varieties. Rolos, Reese's, cookies in cream Hershey's, original Hershey's, Hershey's with almonds, colored marshmallows or plain, cinnamon, chocolate, or honey graham crackers. Seriously. Why not try them all and maybe a roasted Starburst or two? Going along with all of that spend time with a friend the whole time, play with a baby, and pet a Siberian Husky. Maybe even flirt with a couple guys a little. Leave smiling and on a sugar high with the top of the car down and just laugh when a guy hangs out of the window and yells how much he loves you all the way down the street. When you turn the other way and he is still yelling think of things you should have yelled back. Why not say you love him to? You will never see him again. Just say you're never getting back together. Like ever. Because, again, you will never see him again. Laugh until you get home, and to wind down watch a favorite Disney movie and fall asleep to it. 
Sometimes your day begins in only the best of ways. You get to sleep in. There is not much better. But, not only do you get to sleep in, you know when you wake up you will be able to go to Seven Peaks with one of your best friends. So, we go to Seven Peaks and play on all of the slides screaming and laughing on the way down. We carry the tube from ride to ride, take ridiculous selfies, lay out on our towels soaking up the sun, and lounge in the lazy river making it live up to its name. When we left I drove straight to work and got to park in the graduate parking garage right by where I work. I changed in the bathroom out of my swimsuit and immediately had things to do. All the while I am smiling because I am going to California in two days. When I got home I made a good dinner only putting me in a better mood, and  when my mom called she told me about how a lizard fell out of a tree and landed on the spotted dog who proceeded to completely freak out. I was crying from laughing so hard. I watched my favorite show, and when I thought my day could not get any better... It did. Sometimes the prayers of a young girl are answered within a few minutes when she prays to find her puppy who has run away and he is there when she turns a corner. Sometimes it takes a little while longer. I guess the point is, they are always answered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...