Sunday, July 6, 2014

Going Out with a Bang... Literally

Last Friday I made a fifteen hour trip to Arizona. Yep. A one day trip for my internship. The girl I was with was insanely upset. I had fun. We had to wait for the future adoptive parents of a foster kid to drop him back off to us. We waited for forever. Good thing we had caves, an animal sanctuary, and multiple little shops to explore. Like I said, I had fun. It was a long trip though, and I had a hard time recovering. Saturday we were out late to watch a fireworks show in Cedar Hills, Sunday I was up fairly early for a RS breakfast, Monday was rough with work and then a court hearing for my internship, and by Tuesday I was so tired that I fell asleep in the middle of my favorite show. Long days and short nights are what makes summer, summer. With all of the summer activities I guess it is time to get back to the point of this blog post. So, Meghan and I have been together every Fourth of July since freshman year. The first year we watched the stadium fireworks from outside of the stadium sitting on a blanket, last year we did the same and went to the Utah Symphony fireworks show at Thanksgiving Point, and this year we decided to really go out with a bang. Literally. Let's make our last Fourth the best one yet. First, we went to Seven Peaks. Then, we got dressed in our red, white, and blue and painted our nails so we could be extra patriotic. Then, we watched Miss Congeniality and went to a BBQ. Then!!!! We went to the Stadium of Fire which is the largest fireworks show in the nation. Let me just say I have a woman crush on Carrie Underwood, Studio C still isn't that funny, and Flippenout is an amazing group. But seriously, Carrie Underwood. She sang so many songs and she is amazing live! And guys, the fireworks. I love fireworks. So, my Fourth was filled with friends, Seven Peaks, a concert, and so many fireworks! Saturday was filled with more fun, Seven Peaks not once but twice, and an outdoor movie. It has been a fun weekend to say the least. During the second trip to Seven Peaks a little girl was talking to her dad about the snow princess. He said, "Oh, Elsa?" She replied, "Daddy, the cold never bothered me anyway!" and pointed at me. He turned around and smiled and then asked her if I was Elsa. She said, "Yes, Daddy, I've been trying to tell you!!!" I have achieved Elsa status. I need no more out of life. Also, I have freckles galore and my hair is actually its blonde blonde again. Summer lovin'.
  
Always remember... At the end of the day your hair should be messy, your feet dirty, and your eyes sparkling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...