Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas is Coming

I am back home. This means I am back to having the big brown eyes of my spotted dog staring up at me begging me to share whatever I am eating at the time (because we all know I am always eating) or to throw her rubber bone one more time. This means my family teasing me about boys all of the time. This means a quiet house by ten because everyone but me has usually gone to bed. This means my little dog being asleep on my chest. I take care of him like one would a baby. I guess it is good practice. This means shopping, picking my little brother (who is HUGE) up from swimming, going to go see "The Hobbit", and actually having time to catch up on my interior design magazines and read a book. It also means being able to spend a day with my best friend and her mom. They may as well be family since they have been in my life since Kindergarten. I am so thankful Ashley and I have stayed friends. Whether she needs me or not, I need her. I hope to be able to spend some time with a couple of my other friends from here as well. I am enjoying being home for Christmas. I will say it does not really feel like Christmas here. After living in a place with snow for so long, you come to expect the chilly breeze, a white Christmas, and everyone to be wearing chunky sweaters. Not here. Here you wear a normal T-shirt and jeans. You could even get away with wearing shorts if you wanted to. We have read Christmas books, I went to our ward Christmas party, I made some pumpkin gingersnaps, and I have done most of my Christmas shopping. Why does Christmas this year feel so wrong? The next few days before Christmas hits I am really going to focus on the true meaning of Christmas and see if I can get the Christmas spirit in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...