Thursday, December 6, 2012

Last Day of Classes

Today was as close to perfect as you can get on your last day of class for the semester. It was apple polishing day. So, all of the deans, coordinators, and some teachers were passing out the most delicious apples. I was running all over the place so they kept giving me apples. When I was holding four at once they finally did not ask if I wanted or told me I deserved another. So, I had four apples for breakfast today. I do not eat apples when I have them in the fridge, but these looked so perfect and were handed out with love so I enjoyed them. I went to my last class of the semester. Five minutes in, my professor told us he knew no one wanted to be there so we would have an attendance quiz, and we could go. Then, I went back to the office. Once a year, the dean of students does this party with a million kinds of breads and jams. I went in and it was like heaven. The dean of students hugs you, you go and get all kinds of bread and jam along with sparkling grape juice as well as chocolate, and all the while, Christmas music is playing. I had holly berry bread, chocolate covered almonds, 9 grain bread with mountain berry jelly, cheese sourdough bread, and pumpkin bread. <3 Bread and Jam Day. Why would anyone go anywhere other than BYU? It is seriously the best university. Trying to focus on some of my work, I then realized we had another party. My area won the cleanest area award so we got a pizza party. Eating two pieces of pizza after everything else was a lot, but I did it. Yesterday Eric gave me a list of things I needed to do and told me he did not expect me to get them all done today unless I had a team of ten people he did not know about. Well, I do not have a team of ten people, but being very driven, I got everything and more done today even with all of the food and other distractions. Bam. After everyone left the office it was just Eric and me. He said we should steward. I replied rather sassy by saying, "Steward? What is that?!" We did not steward at all last month so it is kind of a foreign concept. On our way out we stewarded. I have so much I need to do before and during break. Next semester is going to be so exciting. He then drove me home so I would not have to walk home in the cold. When I got back I went to the Creamery with my old roommates. It brought back so many memories, and we were all just happy even though I know we are all already tired from studying so much. You cannot take us anywhere. Mak usually gets something on her shirt (which she didn't today: I was so impressed), Emilee and Kaitlyn had fries flying everywhere, and I had ranch all over me. Dani... well Dani had some trouble with her ice cream. Like I said, you cannot take us anywhere, and that is why we go places together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...