Wednesday, December 26, 2012

I am Dreaming of a White Christmas

     Christmas was yesterday. It was so much fun. I did not wake up super early in the morning and go look at my presents. I did not get up until about 7:30, and I only got up because my little brother came in my room and told me we needed to go wake up my mom and dad. Ever so slowly I got out of bed. We went to wake up my parents, and Christmas began.
     A few days before I finally felt like Christmas was coming. We went to play ding dong ditch to families in the ward. We left a plate of Christmas goodies. Christmas Eve was a blast. Most of my family came over, we ate, we laughed, we listened to the story my mom read, and we got to enjoy each other's company.
     On Christmas when we opened presents, I loved watching my family open their gifts more than opening my own. It was wonderful. When we were done I went to get ready putting on new clothes, and curling my hair so I looked nice for when we went to my Grandma's. Before we went I put my dogs outside. It was snowing! Now, living in Texas, I have only had one white Christmas in my life. Being home from school and being used to snow, part of it not feeling like Christmas was because of the lack of it. When it started snowing after an awful Texas thunderstorm, I was wonderstruck. I was so happy. That was the best Christmas present I could have ever gotten.
     I am used to the snow, but my little blind dog is not. He got lost in the backyard. He was standing in a corner trying to not get soaked and barking at the gate thinking it was the door to the house. I had to go rescue him. Poor guy. He was wet, so while I waited for my mom to be ready, I wrapped him in a blanket and let him warm up and sleep. He had a rugby shirt on, but since it was wet I took it off and changed him into his sweater. He is so cute and spoiled.
     After fun at Grandma's we came home to watch Christmas movies. It was a perfect Christmas  complete with snow. I loved being with my family, being able to sit with my dogs, eat good food, and remember why we celebrate the season to begin with. My dream of a white Christmas came true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...