Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Never a Dull Moment

I never have a dull moment in my life. I would like to say that I went on my date. I do not know if I will ever ask a boy out again, but I did it. I was brave enough to do it, we went, we had fun, and now it is in the past. I will still never understand why he asked me why Eric and I are not dating. That was awkward, but like I said, it is in the past. I looked cute in my mom's dress with curled hair and pretty makeup. That is all that matters. 
I also found a minivan that has a license plate that says swagger mom. Dear swagger mom, I hope one day I can be as cool as you. Love a future swagger mom.
Now, finals are coming. There is so much to do. There are almost a dozen reviews I should go to, and I can already feel the pressure mounting. I have a week until I go home. It is going to be tough, but the devotional today was on prayer. I found that very fitting. Elder Bruce D. Porter of the First Quorum of the Seventy was the speaker. I loved the first story he told. He said there was once a little boy who was asked to give prayer in Primary. He started off by saying, "Heavenly Father, I am thankful for the letter A. I am thankful for the letter B..." He continued on until he had finished every letter in the alphabet.  He then started saying, "I am thankful for the number one..." His primary teacher at this point began to worry. She had no idea how far this boy could count, and she realized this could be a very long prayer. She thought about stopping him, but she chose not to. This little boy continued on to twenty, and finished his prayer by saying how thankful he was for his Primary teacher because she was the only grown-up who had ever let him finish his prayer. I loved this story. It reminded me that I not only need to be thankful for the big things but for the mediocre things as well. It also reminded me that I need to pray always for every little thing. Finals are coming. Don't be afraid to ask for some help. Like I said, there is never a dull moment for me. I am having a sleepover with my old roommates Saturday, I have a talk on Sunday, I have five finals in three days, and then I am going home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...