Sunday, September 8, 2013

I Survived Hurricane LaVell

This week was amazing. I mean, I survived! Monday, my eyes were the prettiest green, and there was the most amazing sunset. I don't remember when Mak and I went to Costco, and I found a giant thing of Nutella!!! Last Sunday Kaitlyn and I made a birthday dessert for Tyler. We had extra brownie batter and we  ate it! Friday, I saw the most beautiful sight on my way to work, and there was the biggest rainbow over Y mountain. And... I had my first temple trip of the semester with Makenna and Meghan. I love to see the temple. I am going to try to go once a week. 
So this one time I had the opportunity to go sit in the President's Loge for the BYU v. Texas football game. I may or may not have gotten a new outfit for the occasion. Getting ready was an adventure. I straightened my hair to perfection in preparation for the big game. I also did my make-up like a pro (after a mascara mishap). I got to the Hinckley feeling like a model. When all of the Student Alumni officers and their dates showed up, we headed to the stadium. 
We walked outside and someone said, "That clouds look ominous." I told them we should maybe walk a little faster. We didn't. Then, the wind picked up. With my hair blowing every which way and my ankles stinging with all of the twigs hitting them, we started walking a little faster. Not fast enough. I got a flash flood warning on my phone. They weren't kidding. All of the sudden we were in a torrential storm. We took off our shoes and started sprinting in our pencil skirts... By the time we got to where we picked up our tickets we were soaked to the bone. We got up to the loge and briskly walked through it since the women's bathroom was on the other side. We dried ourselves the best we could, but not long after, the lion mane started, and we had to go back in. 
We had a catered dinner by Tucano's and plenty of treats such as popcorn, caramel corn, candy, and apples with warm caramel to dip them in. Then, at half time we got our choice from four flavors of cheesecake and four sauces. Yum. So, I was soaked, I had a ton of food, and there were general authorities there! That is always a fun experience. Elder Holland is so nice and loves loves loves his caramel corn. Elder Perry is one of the sweetest old men ever. He offered me his suit jacket if I got too cold. What constitutes as too cold to ask a general authority for their suit jacket? And, President Uchtdorf is kind of hard to understand but a cool guy. President and Sister Samuelson are cute, but they don't come up and talk to you like the general authorities do. I kind of wish they did. 
And, the game was AMAZING. Texas didn't know what hit them. The cougs actually played well!!! With all of the excitement, I was so hyper. I enjoyed every minute of the game. So much cheering. So many off-tune fight songs. So many fist bumps. I talked and snapchatted a friend the entire time. That brought on a ton of laughs, and with Julie Ann by my side everything was even better. I loved the game! BYU pulled a win over the Longhorns 40-21. I have never seen a game played that well. Then, I got to drive home with Makenna so I wasn't all alone! Perfect beyond perfect night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...