Wednesday, September 11, 2013

What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

One of my teachers said there may not be volunteers, but there are always victims... 
Another teacher told us what to do if there is ever a shooter. 
1. lock the door (there are no locks on the classroom doors)
2. hide (the room is square and just has small desks... nowhere to hide)
3. call for help (there is no reception in the basement of the building)
She then proceeded to say, "Well, those sound like great ideas. Let's hope there is never a shooter."
One teacher told us that school in general is not worth it if you have no social life outside of it. Too late... 
And, one teacher said she didn't want our papers to be like waffles where you throw the first one away. 
I am glad I have good teachers, but the workload is killing me. I do hours upon hours of reading each night. I know... Welcome to college. When you are little you dream about the days when you come to college, eat whatever you want, party, stay up late, wake up late, and do all kinds of crazy things. Well, sadly I do not party. I go to bed late not because I am having fun but because I have a ton of homework. I wake up early in the morning to get ready for work or school and finish the homework I didn't get to. I can eat whatever I want, but I have actually been eating more vegetables lately. Weird... I know. Also, now that summer is over so are all of my adventures. Play hard has turned to work hard. Already need a break. Already tired. Already behind. What have I gotten myself into? 
I did find the time to read a blog post the other day. This woman had written a letter to her daughter. At one point it said, "You are not an object, my sweet daughter. You are someone's daughter, someone's future mother, someone's future wife, someone's caring neighbor, someone's teacher- someone's guardian angel... And when you step on the world's stage, viewed by millions throughout the course of your life, you are meant to be someone they remember simply because you are worth remembering." I always say I want to be remembered. I am more than a student. I am a daughter, granddaughter, great-granddaughter, future wife, future mother, neighbor, and daughter of God. I can get through this semester because I am meant to be here, and Heavenly Father wouldn't tell me to do something I cannot do. I know it is going to be hard at times, but it is not out of my reach. I am meant to be a leader, a teacher, and a friend to those who need me. I am meant to be someone people remember because I am worth remembering. 

1 comment:

  1. You can do this! You are so hard working and SO cool! I love you, yes I do!

    ReplyDelete

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...