Sunday, September 22, 2013

What the Hail?!

So this one time, I had a Relief Society breakfast, a pie night, and a dessert night all on Sunday. I also got to hang out with Kennedy. I seriously love her. We laughed and let everything that was stressing us out school-wise behind. I smiled which doesn't sound like a big deal, but when I am at home, it hasn't been coming out quite as much as it usually does. Monday I woke up so tired, and it proved to be the stereotypical Monday. Tuesday was like a Monday too though. I ran all over the place and went to devotional where the speaker gave us "the talk." He compared sexual sin to a warm, moist cookie. Why moist?! He said holding hands was like being in the same room as fresh cookies, kissing was holding it up to your nose to sniff it, and making out was nibbling the cookie. I agree with Michael (the officer I was sitting by for the whole thing) when he said, "Dang! Just give me a big chewy brownie! I'm so done with cookies!" It was just a weird hour of my life. Hump day was amazing though. I started talking to Justin more an more throughout the week which means the smile is back, eyes glitter, and I radiate sunshine whether it is out or not. I love on Wednesdays when my teachers tell me to have a great weekend. That makes the crazy week even more worth it. Thursday is the true Hump Day for me. I am already in the weekend mindset, and I am so tired from the insane week that I go through. I think this was the day it rained/hailed. I missed it by a matter of minutes, but my coworker came in drenched. I went home later that night for Kaitlyn to say, "What the hail!" I laughed so hard. So, next Friday is Parents Weekend. Ah!!!! Not ready! So many things to do that we didn't know we had to do. Not enough time... That night, I got a software update on my phone. After playing with my phone, learning to work everything again on it, and talking to Justin all night, I was so ready for Friday. My phone told me I had an early start and my alarm was set for seven in the morning. Okay great. At 7:57, I was woken up by a text from my friend asking if we were still going out to breakfast at 8. I responded and was at the restaurant by 8:05 dressed, hair in a ponytail, and ready to go. We had a wonderful breakfast and a good talk. I always love my dates with Christina. I am glad I get to work with her again so we can still have them. I went home to look a little more put together, and went off to work. Work was wonderful, and even my boss commented on how productive I was with absolutely no direction since he was gone the whole time. I got this. Having an interview with my teacher right after work threw off my groove a little. I was flustered from the crazy day at work, and then she sat so close to me that her knees were touching mine and she leaned in even closer to my face. I like her but not that much. I came home to talk to my momma, and then finally decided to go to the temple since I made the goal to do so once a week and hadn't gone yet. Driving somewhere the other day, I saw a sign that said how many lives were lost each day because of smoking. When I was in the temple, I thought, "One life saved. Two lives saved." and so on until I got to five which is how many people I did temple work for. It was an amazing feeling. Later that night I went to our stake ice cream social, tried a new kind of ice cream, talked to friends, and ran into Kennedy again. We planned a date to go drive the alpine loop when the leaves have changed a little more. It is always beautiful in the fall. Then I got to spend some time with Kaitlyn, James, and Mak. I did a color personality test. Justin guessed what color I was when we went on our first date, and I wanted to see if he was right. I am mostly white with blue and yellow tied closely behind. He was... Reading the book it came from was really interesting. I loved it. I stayed up late again and watched "Sleepless in Seattle." Saturday morning a boy outside was singing a little too loudly and all too obnoxiously and woke me up. Oh well. After spending some time waking up more, I went out with my roommates. I love going out with them We always have so much fun. When we came home I rushed off to go to Julie Anne's. It amazes me that we were in freshman ward together and never said a word to each other, but now, two years later, we are such good friends. Anyways, we made a dessert called everything right and wrong with America and watched "The Emperor's New Groove." Good laughs, so much chocolate, and long talks filled our time together. Okay, a water fight and a rolled up towel war may have also been involved. Then I rushed home to go to the BYU/Utah game. It was a rough loss, but I got my first cougar tail! I will probably never get another one, but it was a good experience. I believe every BYU student should get a cougar tail at a football game. It is just part of being a Cougar. Like I said, it was hard to lose, as it usually is when we play Utah, but football isn't life... It was fun just being there with my friends.
Bragging moment: I pointed out a ring to Dani in a magazine and told her it looked like her. She had others picked out, but she got that one! Called it. I know my girly!! And.... a shout out just for Tyler. This kid is amazing. I am so glad that he and Dani are together. They are perfect. I know I always tease them about being all cutesy, but I love it. Tyler is hardworking, caring, patient, and just a great guy.So, here is the spotlight of the day. There you go,Ty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...