Monday, February 17, 2014

Can Someone Find Me an Adult?

Sometimes I wish I had a grown-up to talk to. Some of my favorite moments growing up were times spent with Mrs. Lisa or Sister Bergquist. When I spent the night with Ashley I was always the first one up whether there were a bunch of girls sleeping over or only me. Waking up early meant having one-on-one talks with Mrs. Lisa. I miss those. I was with Sister Bergquist a lot too. I remember being in the car with her or sticking around her at activities rather than spending time with friends. I loved our talks. I miss those too. On the playground sometimes I didn't want to go play kickball with the boys or spend time making up games with the girls. Sometimes I would sit by the teacher and talk to her. Some of the most important things I learned were learned sitting in that plastic chair next to my teacher. Coming to school freshman year I always longed for that companionship of an adult. Last year I got close to Angela. I loved being able to sit in her office and talk to her whenever I needed. Sometimes when I was at her house I felt like her daughter as we talked and laughed. When she wasn't around, Eric was. He wasn't much older than me, but he was a lot like me because he acted older than he was. We talked a lot. We had long, meaningful conversations. Not having an adult in my life again is hard. I know I am an adult, but it just isn't the same talking to someone my age.
I miss people like Mrs. Lisa, Sister Bergquist, my teachers, Angela, and Eric. I need an adult! It is easier to just be me, the real me, around them.... People my age expect me to be crazy, dance, and play games. In all honesty, I like games, but I like Uno and Sorry. I am not much of a dancer except for the occasional slow dance. I don't really get crazy either. I can have fun around people I am really comfortable with and get a little crazy (especially when a best friend and a huge bag of skittles are involved), but other than that I usually remain my calm, cool, and collected self. I am perfectly happy watching a movie, being around people while they play a game, or just sitting and watching people. I know I am weird. I love being social and get really hyped up when I am put in situations with a lot of people with a lot of people, but I also get wiped out from it all. I wish I could be like a normal person my age, but.... I just can't. I never have been able to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...