Sunday, February 23, 2014

Hello Sunshine

Yesterday I went to go get jewelry for Kaitlyn's wedding. Going to the mall with Julie Anne was so much fun. I got the necklace I needed! On the way home we stopped at a place called the cocoa bean. One grasshopper cupcake and Irish cream carmanilla frappe later I was on a sugar high for sure. I regret nothing.
Last night was the last home basketball game of my college career. Weird, I know. I don't think I have ever had that much fun at a basketball game. I was laughing the whole time. I did actually yell a couple of times, but it was just for fun. I went with Meghan, her boyfriend, and a bunch of their friends. We quoted movies and hash-tagged the whole time. We were being ridiculous, but it was so much fun.  BYU won! They wouldn't let me down for my last home game! Walking home we did the Wizard of Oz skip and were even more ridiculous. We ended up going to the dollar movies. I love that theater. We were out really late, but sitting in Saving Mr. Banks made me remember some of my favorite moments. Favorite moments such as sitting in the sun with Meghan and a blanket looking at the changing leaves, going to see Wicked and watching with glittering eyes and an open mouth while they sing Defying Gravity on my birthday, watching Saving Mr. Banks with my entire family and seeing them all laugh at a good, quality movie, helping my grandma make a pattern for the quilt she made out of the smallest squares and seeing her amazement as I laid them out in ways she hadn't thought of, watching Parental Guidance with my mom and grandma, going to Fossil Rim with my grandparents from Ohio that I don't see very often, moving our mattresses and having sleepovers in the living room with  my roommates, having a scary movie night with a couple of the roomies and some friends from across the hall and scaring ourselves, going to Park City and having way too much fun with the friends I went with, and so on. I love those moments. They make me smile. Getting back so late made for an interesting day today, but it was so worth it. At church my old roommate came up to me and said, "Why hello, Sister Dalton, how are you today?" I was wearing my favorite sunshine yellow, and that absolutely made my day. Spring weather is here! Hello, Sunshine!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...