Thursday, September 10, 2015

The Big 80, Be(Utah)ful, and Thriving

Okay! Here we go again! 
My grandma turned 80! I love her, and I am so excited we were able to celebrate with her in between her trips to North Carolina. She is the cutest, and seeing her with her family on her special day somehow made her even cuter. The chicken was honestly the worst thing I ever tried to swallow which I felt bad about since she is such a great cook, but she did not seem to mind. I also got to do the flower arrangements for her, and that was extra special and fun for me!
 This summer I have been on six airplane rides. Luckily, I made the last two (and the last for hopefully a while) to go see Meghan get married. Utah trip 2. Meghan and I became really good friends our freshman year of college. I came back for summer semester, and it was just the two of us. Over the years I cannot tell you how many times we went to Seven Peaks, sang Maroon 5 songs, ate way more than we should have, had movie nights, and went for Jamba Juice. Freshman year she started yelling, "I'm coming to your wedding!" Ever since then it has been a running joke, so I could not miss her wedding! She was beautiful and so, so happy. Her sealing was spiritual in the beautiful Bountiful temple with her grandpa doing the sealing. Her luncheon was hilarious with a surprise song from her new in-laws about her and David's relationship. Her reception was magical in a little fairy garden. It was a long day, but I would not have traded that time with her for anything. Oh how I love my other half. Being back at BYU was pretty great too, even if it was just for a short while. I was there exactly a year from the day I graduated. Seeing all of the recent grads with their families made me smile. So much has happened in a year. When I was on campus I had to get one of those divinely decadent BYU mint brownies and go see Angela from BYUSA. It was good to catch up with her. Later that day I also got to go get Thai food with Jan and then sit in the park with her and eat our mint brownies. That trip was seriously hard to top.
 Work has been crazy. We have had a lot going on, and now we are starting on Halloween and Christmas planning. Insane, I know. Good thing, last Friday we took the day and had a little celebration for our engineering crew to say thank you for all they do for us. We had a dips and desserts party for them, and as a bonus, our director said we could wear jeans and college shirts to work! I carried on Spirit Friday and wore my BYU blue! We are a good looking bunch.
Last thing for now, I started grad school. Not only did I start grad school, but I am now halfway through my first semester! It is a lot of work, but that is to be expected. It will be worth it, and I am enjoying it so far! Luckily, I have good friends and the cutest puppy to get me through work and school. I went to spend time with Ashley a couple times before she left for school, and I got to go to lunch with Emily before she left for Idaho. Courtney is here for student teaching, so hopefully I will get to see her soon as well. And, Miss Vivien. She is such a champ as I work for hours on school. Thank goodness for her!
The following picture is because I'm still in the Utah frame of mind and think it should be fall by now. Happy September everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...