Wednesday, May 8, 2013

What E'er Thou Art

          So, in these long spring days, class only takes up two hours of my day, so I spend my time looking for jobs, watching movies, doing homework, reading scriptures, and even reading conference talks. I was going over the talks from this past conference. I loved the poem President Packer shared. I will only include part of it because it is kind of long.
          "I had a thought the other night, a thought profound and deep. It came when I was too worn down, too tired to go to sleep. I am quite content to move ahead, to yield my youth, however grand. The thing I'd lose if I went back is what I understand. I would agree I've learned some things I did not want to know, but age has brought those precious truths that make the spirit grow. I have not changed my mind one bit about regaining my youth. We're meant to age, for with it comes a knowledge of the truth. I now can say with all certainty that I know and love the Lord. I can testify with them of old as I preach His holy word. I know what He felt in Gethsemane is too much to comprehend. I know He did it all for us; We have no greater Friend. I know that He will come anew with power and in glory. I know I will see Him once again at the end of my life's story. I'll kneel before His wounded feet; I'll feel His Spirit glow. My whispering, quivering voice will say, 'My Lord, my God, I know'."
          Sister Dalton (I had to include her) talked about the quote "What e'er thou art, act well thy part." She talked about how we each have different circumstances and experiences, but our part matters because WE MATTER. Elder M. Russell Ballard said, "...as the literal spirit children of our loving Heavenly Father, we have unlimited, divine potential." That is what we are. We are all sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father, and we need to act well our parts. We have been promised so much if we endure. Not everything is going to be easy. I find myself being guilty of thinking things are too hard far too often. We like things to be easy. We are comfortable with that. When things get hard, we complain. 
          The older I get (I know, I'm not that old) I realize more and more that I would not turn back time for anything. Sometimes you think what could have been if you had done something differently. But, like President Packer said, "Age has brought me those precious truths that make the spirit grow." I have spent countless moments with my mind racing and worrying about things that I cannot change. I quickly forget to trust in Him. Reading a portion of the conference talks reminded me what I need to do. I am going to keep living in a way that my Heavenly Father will hopefully smile down at, I will continue to read my scriptures every day, I will continue to say my prayers, and I will grow closer to Him. I will continue acting my part knowing that I am a choice daughter of my Heavenly Father. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...