Monday, May 6, 2013

Words of Wisdom and Thin Mints

Thank goodness for moms. Seriously. I do not know what I would do without my mom. Although we fight and get on each others' ever-loving last nerve, I love my momma. I have been thinking a lot lately. I have had a lot to think about. Saturday night so much was going through my mind that I went on a run. I ran until I threw up. It did not make me feel better at all.
Sunday, I felt a little better other than my crazy sore muscles. It was only my mom that could make me feel a lot better though. She is the best free psychiatrist there is.
As I sat in my car today waiting for it to be time for my interview, I was listening to the seconds ticking by on my watch. With each second passing, my heart beat a little bit faster. My mind raced right along side it, and I realized I wasn't breathing after a few seconds when I started to feel a little light headed. My brain was so busy worrying about other things it forgot to work on the supposedly involuntary actions... I went in to my interview a little early. I primped in the bathroom and came out to see Madi Thorpe standing there. Blessing. Let me take a minute to recognize the hand of my Heavenly Father in my life today. I went in to my interview calm, and I feel like I handled it well. We shall see...
After I left, I went in to the office to pick up my Administration team yearbook. Seeing Angela always makes my day. She gave me a few more words of wisdom and even made me laugh. I left her office and started flipping through the yearbook she so artistically put together. Nostalgia for the life I had just a couple months ago filled every part of my body. The tears wanted to come, but I would not let them. They were mostly from the memories of what once was, but let's face it... I was extremely sore.
I can say that I have eaten a sleeve of thin mints today. That tells you my day wasn't terrible, but it easily could have been better. The thin mints were justified. Looking on the bright side, my day consisted of blessings, words of wisdom, and time with friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...