Saturday, May 4, 2013

Home and Back Again

So, as you can see I have failed at blogging the past week. I do have a valid excuse. I was having fun. It was marvelous. Three days before I left, we had a girls night. You can see by the food we consumed that it was a good one. Two days before I left, I got a little surprise. First, I went out with Dani and Kaitlyn. I love them more than they can imagine. It is so easy to spend time with them. I can enjoy losing track of time. Then, Andrew had been in a really bad mood the two days before and that morning so he said he was going to take me out that night... I was unsure I really wanted to take the risk, but I ended up going. He had reservations for us at Macaroni Grill. It was really good. When we came home, there were flowers, fudge, and a note on the table for me. I honestly had no idea who they were from. They were from Andrew. He had his roommate come and drop them off while we were gone. After that we watched a movie, I think... All of my days kind of blur together.
The day before I left, I went out with my dear friend Emilee. We just had fun exploring Thanksgiving Point for a few hours. I love the gardens. Like I said, we were there for a few hours. Needless to say, these two fair-skinned girls were burnt when we left. So worth it. While we were there we watched live Kidz Bop. Little kids singing and dancing was just fun to watch, and it was nice to not be cooped up in the apartment like we have been all winter. As we were leaving, we ran into Eric and Maddie. Eric was SO HAPPY. I want to be like that on my wedding day. I told them I would be back and see them later. Emilee and I then drove home with the top down. Maybe not the best decision for two extremely burnt girls. When we got back dear Emilee helped me pick out an outfit for Eric and Maddie's reception.
Andrew went with me to the reception. Getting to see Eric that happy made my day. We waited in line. When it was my turn, Eric gave me a real hug. I love that boy (definitely in a big brother kind of way though). He sat and talked to me, holding up the line. He even introduced me to his mom saying, "Mom! This is Megan. She's the one you have heard so much about!!!" Aw. Melting in a puddle. When we had held up the line long enough Andrew and I went to get food, but Eric pulled me back for one last hug and to tell me Andrew and I could go into the gardens when we were done. We ate, and watched the Daddy/Daughter and their first dance. I teared up in both but never cried.
Andrew and I went out into the gardens when we were done, and we walked through all of it. That was nice, but I was a mess. Finally, we went home. He went in to his apartment to change, and I waited in the car. I let it all go and just cried. I was done before Andrew got back. When we got back to my apartment, we watched Pride and Prejudice. It is a really good movie. When it was over we headed over to the temple and sat in front of it and talked until almost four in the morning. At that point, it was time for me to leave to come home. I do have to admit, driving with Kaitlyn to the airport was a ton of fun. Some may think it was because we were just crazy from being up so early in the morning. I just think I love her.
Being home was wonderful. I loved seeing my family and dogs. I got to see Wicked! Best musical ever. Hands down. If you do not agree, you are wrong. Sorry. I got to eat Mexican food, had an amazing birthday dinner of my dad's manicotti and lemon pie, went shopping with my mom, ate a ton of chicken fried steak, went to visit some teachers from high school, visited Mrs. Cox from junior high, made dinner for my family, tried a new lemon/ricotta pancake recipe, watched movies, took Ryan lunch at school, and went to lunch with my grandparents. I loved it all.
I got back just in time to say a quick goodbye to Andrew before he heads off to Europe for two and a half weeks. I did some homework so I am not too behind in my classes, and I found out that a little miss Kaitlyn (and Dani and Makenna) had decorated my room. Reeses and paper hearts were hanging from the ceiling, and my computer and mirror had been yarned. Not much can be done with those girls other than love them. So, with all that being said, here are some pictures.
               

2 comments:

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...