Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Life is Crazily in Love with Us

"No matter how upside-down it all temporarily appear, we will have no fear because we know this secret: Life is crazily in love with us--wildly and innocently in love with us. The universe always gives us exactly what we need, exactly when we need it." -Rob Brezny
I am averaging two assignments due a day... I have had two quizzes, a test, signed up for a test, have another piece of art to do, a seven page paper to write, and a presentation to give. With that being said, I am not letting anything detract from my fun. Yes, my car has been booted because the top was down and you couldn't see the sticker. Yes, I did freak out at first but after the guy being rude to me more than once I set my landlady on him. Yes, I feel bad for the poor guy, but at the same time I feel like he deserved it. I got out of that. I have hiked the Y with Emilee and saw a gorgeous sunset, I have been on multiple walks, gone to Seven Peaks (I got to show Dani and Mak the ropes on their first excursion), went to FHE which was a concert in the park (not really a concert...), and I have spent a lot of time with friends. Going to sleep before two has become a foreign concept to me since last Friday... Also, I have found out it is next to impossible for my friends and me to get a good picture the first time, and I now know how to analyze my dreams (my life makes so much more sense now!). 

I would also like to say that Humanities is almost my favorite class I have ever taken at BYU. It is a close second only to Brother Smith's Book of Mormon class. I love it. If it were a useful major I would switch. If I could afford it, I would go on a Humanities study abroad with my teacher in a heartbeat. I mean, what other class could get me to joyfully attend Utah symphony, Utah opera, and make me want to go on a study abroad to Europe only to see paintings? I really love the class. I have even found a painting I want in my future home. It is by Caravaggio. It is of Mary holding Christ. Christ is about one year old, and it looks like Mary has just gotten him out of bed because there are people there wanting to see him. The amazing thing about the painting is these people. They seem to be poor, humble people. The items closest to the viewer are the feet of these people. Dirty feet. Feet that have walked an unknowable distance just to see Christ. I love it. I want it. I just love the class. Even paintings I used to hate are seen in a new light. 

I have also been writing a lot of letters lately. From missionaries to grandparents to friends. I have written them all. Letters have gone everywhere from Ohio to Germany to Texas to Argentina. Looking at pictures and reading blogs has become another hobby. I love hearing how well all of my friends are doing on their missions and seeing paintings my grandma has done (I like to think I started her up again. She didn't paint for a long time, I asked her for one, and now she is painting again!). I may still be confused by certain events, but I am having so much fun here at BYU. 
I am like the moon. Half of me is always hidden... Except when I am with my friends and the crazy, adventurous, competitive girl comes out. Oh! And... arm update. The bruise is almost gone, but it still hurts when I sleep on it or someone comes up to me and grabs it or bumps it. It really is a lot better now though! You can only see the bruise if you are really looking for it. I no longer look like an abused child. So, life is crazily in love with me, and I am crazily in love with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...