Sunday, June 30, 2013

Practically Perfect in Every Way

I should have posted about my adventures before I left for my family vacation. Because I didn't, I will post them now and do another one on my vacation when I get pictures from my momma. So, the week before I left I realized that I am a lot like Mary Poppins. I am there when people need me, but when the wind changes and they move on to bigger and better things I am left behind without even as much as a goodbye. This has been happening a lot lately. I wanted to feel better, so I made this summer bucket list to keep me occupied. The first item on my summer bucket list was to go to the Mormon Miracle Pageant in Manti. Well, with the help of Alanna and one of her friends, I was able to cross it off. On our way, we saw a cow painted like Iron Man. So weird, but kind of fun. It was definitely picture worthy. When we got to Manti, the first thing I saw was the M on the mountain. What is the big deal with Utah putting letters on mountains? The Y on the mountain is one thing, but the U,M,G, etc. are kind of odd (no bias here). I loved the pageant. It's cheesy glory preceded it. Yes, it was cheesy, but it was amazing. You could feel the Spirit even sitting wrapped up in a blanket, because it was for some reason freezing in the middle of June, in a grassy field. 
 The next day was mine and Makenna's last day in Provo. We decided to have a little fun. We first went to Seven Peaks. No one told us it was the summer solstice so the sun was at its highest and hottest. Being there from 11 to 1, needless to say we got fried! Then we made a trip to the Red Barn and got the biggest "small" ice cream cones I have ever seen! We ended the night with a movie with Meghan and later Dani and Tyler, and our day was made the perfect last day. I mean, there isn't much better than Seven Peaks and a huge serving of ice cream. Knowing the two of us, you know there were good laughs. I already miss that girl. Spending the last day with Makenna and Meghan was the best thing ever.

1 comment:

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...