Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Adventures and a Summer Bucket List

Finals week always has to be packed full of adventures, mishaps, fun, and stress. They just do. I thought maybe since it is spring term it would be different. I thought wrong. Sunday was just the beginning filled with a mission farewell, Father's Day, a dessert party, running into a friend, and staying up super late. Monday was your average Monday... Nothing special there. Tuesday I took my first final... on reading day. That's just wrong. I think I did well though. I also got to go to lunch with Eric which made it all worth it! I have said it before, and I will say it again. I am really going to miss that kid. We even got to do a group text with our BYUSA group. I missed seeing that group at the top of my text message list. Then, a trip to the park with Mak from which I have sore muscles, four broken nails, yet another bruise, sore feet, and I smell like dirt. We then went on a two and a half mile walk. When I got home I read scriptures and collapsed in my bed still dirty and in my clothes but too tired to care. That brings us to today. I woke up still dirty and in my clothes. I woke up way to early. I took my last final that did not go as well as I would have hoped. I went to sell my books back and ran into Andrew's older brother. I made things awkward, blushed, and ran away. Didn't sell my books back. Finally got home and went to the temple with Mak. We were in and out in less than an hour which was nice, but I left feeling like I wanted to be there for longer. I felt a lot better afterwards though. I also spent some time getting ready for my trip. I then got to go out with my dear Kennedy. The more I spend time with her, the more I just love her. We had a ton of fun, and I got the privilege of taking her in her first car ride with the top of the car down. She laughed in excitement the whole way home. She is just the cutest. Then, on my way home I picked up Meghan who was walking our way, and we went out with all of the freshman roomies. Best. Thing. Ever. Having all of them together was nothing less than a night filled with good food, better laughs, model poses, boozy shakes, awkward hand touches, and oh so much more that you wish you could be a part of. It was a blast! Also, while I was studying for my finals and my mind was wandering, I realized there are a few things I want to do this summer. If some of them have to go into the fall, I guess that would be okay. I just know I want to do them. I want to make the most of the time I am at school. So, here is my summer bucket list. 
1. Mormon Miracle Pageant in Manti
2. Utah Arches National Park
3. Yellowstone National Park
4. Salt Lake Seven Peaks
5. Mona Rope Swings
6. Olympic Park in Park City
7. Spanish Fork Hot Springs
8. Thanksgiving Point Gardens
9. Visit Las Vegas or California
10. Do baptisms for the dead in the Logan Temple
And... Here are a few pictures from the past week. Okay, maybe more than a few.

2 comments:

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...