Sunday, November 10, 2013

Stories, Like Life, Have No Logical Conclusion

So, once upon a time I fell for an Arizona boy. Apparently one football game a year ago a mutual friend introduced us. No matter how hard I rack my brain, I cannot remember this. It kind of makes me sad. Then, one day my roommate told me she had a crush on this boy. I didn't know who he was so I was really happy for her. She had me go to the ward BBQ with her because this particular boy was in charge of them. When I "met" him, I thought it was weird when he remembered the football game and meeting me so long ago. Still don't remember... When we got back from the BBQ she told me she didn't think he liked her. I asked her who she thought he liked. A little later she told me she thought he liked me. I laughed because there was no way. Her and Emilee liked him and had spent more time with/ talked more with/knew him better. I didn't know this kid at all. I swear I had never seen him before. Apparently he had been in our ward since last fall. It was now the end of spring semester and I was just now meeting him. Then, all of the sudden it was only Dani, Tyler, and me. We went to a ward activity where he kept trying to flip my kayak. Rude. Who does that? We had fun at the lake. I just love being on the water. Not long after that, he invited me and another girl to go sailing. I thought it would be fun so I said I would go. Why not? I live to be on the water. It ended up being a little stormy, so he took the both of us to dinner. He introduced me to an amazing place with amazing food, and he even paid. Then this girl moved, and he asked me on a date to the MoTab Pioneer Day concert with Lindsey Sterling and Nathan Pacheco. He drove and opened the door for me each and every time we got in and out of the car. I sadly didn't know how to handle it since a boy has never done that for me before. Honestly, on our drive to Salt Lake, I felt so comfortable. We always had something to say. There was never a quiet moment in the car. We went to the concert and both absolutely loved it. Coming home was the same way as going up. We talked, we laughed, and we enjoyed each others' company. Then he took me to dinner again. Full of a pie shake and so many chicken strips, I was a happy girl. Less than a week later, we had a stake activity. He brought his boat this time and took a bunch of people on rides. The whole time I wished I could be one of those people. At the very end, he kicked everyone off and denied other people rides. He sent someone to tell me it was my turn. A little skeptical, I slowly moved toward the boat. He just smiled and waited. I jumped up on the boat, and we were off. He taught me how to steer this little sailboat, and we sailed for a good forty-five minutes. He saved the last ride for me because that was as the sun was setting, and let me tell you, the sun setting over a lake with mountains in the background is one of the most beautiful sights. The next two weeks we texted back and forth a lot, and we spent a lot of time together. After he named his boat, I went down to keep him company while he painted it. Then somehow we both got roped into seeing fireworks with the ward. We even had fun there when an obnoxious girl sat in between us. We would sit and talk when we had FHE together or break the fast. Then, all of the sudden, he had to leave. We texted every day for a long time after. We had some of the funniest conversations that kept me up late into the night. I was going to see him over Thanksgiving, but after two months of texting every day, he just stopped. I may never know why. There is always that dull hurt nagging me, and every once in a while I know hurt flashes across my eyes/face if something that reminds me of him is brought up. Someday I will get over it and find the guy I'm meant to be with. Maybe... A stupid song has been stuck in my head for like two weeks. I goes like this. "And I tell myself to let the story end, that my heart will rest in someone else's hand, but my why not me philosophy began. And I said oh, how am I gonna get over you? I'll be alright, just not tonight, but someday. Oh, I wish you'd want me to stay. I'll be alright, just not tonight, but someday. Say it's coming soon: someday without you. All I can do is get me past the ghost of you. Wave goodbye to me. I won't say I'm sorry. I'll be alright once I find the other side of someday." This is me letting this story end. I must remember every heartache will fade away just like every storm will run, run out of rain. The end.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...