Friday, November 15, 2013

Working Hard or Hardly Working

Going to the Food Drive concert I was a little worried. We had three bands coming that no one has ever heard of, it was our first year doing this, and there were a million things that could go wrong. Well, once I got there I realized that only half a million actually went wrong. I spent the first hour being yelled at by the guy in charge of the sound system, but once that hour was over everything ran smoothly. I had fun even though I had to sit with the guest services guy for half the time. My boss bought me an Italian soda. Those who know me know I don't drink soda. At all. Any slight fizz makes me cringe. I drank the whole thing. It was delicious... except for the fizz. Blackberry Italian sodas aren't half bad. After the first half of the concert I went inside to see a couple bands play. It wasn't bad at all. Okay, one band was terrible, but the rest were good! Talking with my coworkers, sitting with my roommates, and playing games made the night a great one! I love the picture we took with my three boys, Cosmo, and me. Today I got to decorate the Student Alumni Christmas tree. All of the Hinckley Center is being decorated in the traditional Christmas decor, but the Student Alumni tree gets to be decked out in BYU decor. What could be better than Christmas and BYU!?! After work I went to get my car checked out before my trip to Arizona. Sitting in the office, I was handed a warm cup. Expecting coffee, I cautiously sniffed it once the guy left. It was French vanilla hot chocolate. Heaven. When I got home for the day, I listened to the speech JK Rowling gave at the Harvard commencement exercises. Her speech was amazing. So, this week I may have had to deal with my curly or liony hair, it may look like the Christmas tree and I got in a fight looking at all of the scratches on my arms, there may have been a scary sock monkey in with the decorations (don't worry I left it in the box), and I may be missing the last home football game to go to Park City tomorrow, but I have amazing friends and family, the Christmas tree looks simply amazing, I got gas for under three dollars, and I am going to Park City tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...