Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Because Hump Day Is A Real Thing

I always buy two kinds of cereal. I buy my serious cereal and my fun cereal. So, I have cheerios and all berries in my pantry right now. I usually eat my cheerios because they help me feel grown up and somehow ready to take on a new day because supposedly I have my life together. Today, with exhaustion pulling at my eyelids, muscles tight from stress, and my body filled to the brim with anxiety caused by a class with a fidgety guest speaker running over, I came home to work on seemingly endless amounts of homework. I broke out the fun cereal. There is something about the way my milk turns purple that just makes me happy, feel like a kid again, and think back to the days when I got to sit and eat bowl after bowl of cereal while my mom slept and I watched movies. Because hump day is a real thing I needed that happiness in a bowl for dinner tonight. My bowl of cereal and an extremely hot shower helped a little bit, but hump day is real. There is no stopping it. Tomorrow I face an even longer day. More meetings, more work, more phone calls, more classes. My friends, it is only the second week of school. What am I going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...