Friday, January 17, 2014

Does It Almost Feel Like Nothing Changed At All

It amazes me how the Lord answers prayers. Seriously. Whether it is a simple request for the class to not read your paper any further or an earnest plea asking him to get you through the semester. In class, the worst paper I felt I had ever written was read in class. The teacher and class were astounded by the quality of the paper... They thought it was good. I just said a simple prayer asking that they not read past a certain point where all my concentration had gone out the window and the quality went rapidly spiraling downward. Luckily (when luck really has nothing to do with it) enough, they stopped reading at exactly that point. Then yesterday... I had a class until 8:30 at night. After a long week the last thing I wanted to do was to sit in class that late. I walked in to see my group from my favorite class last semester. Oddly enough (again, not really odd at all), I was assigned to be in their group for the semester. Emilee is in two of my classes and is in my group for the semester in one. In my other two classes I am left to my own devices, but if I close my eyes... It almost feels like nothing changed at all. My Heavenly Father loves me!
I got to go wedding dress shopping today. Not for me of course, but it was so much fun! Kaitlyn looked so pretty in every dress she tried on. Helping her pick her dress was fun. Helping her pick her veil was fun. Helping her pick her headband was fun. Watching her as the lady told her she got a free garter was fun. Seeing her pay was even fun. Guys, my roommate is getting married! Didn't we just meet each other? Didn't she just go with me to my first dance? Didn't she and I just jump in the biggest puddle? Didn't we just come to college together and cry in our room together when our families left? Apparently not. She's getting married! 
So, obviously I made it past hump day! Now the coaster is flying down the largest hill with the end in sight. but I don't have time to think about it because of the exhilaration. Speaking of hills and exhilaration, I just went on the best Student Alumni retreat ever! We went to Soldier Hallow. You get a tube and head up to the base of the hill, maybe swinging it and trying to knock each other down on the way. Once you get there they hook your tube to a pulley and you're pulled up the mountain so you can slide down. I'll admit I was a little nervous at first. I lost that the first time I got air on one of the hills and adrenaline took over. I love adventures! I love being with friends! Going down in a big group was even more fun. Then Mexican food which was as good as you can get in Utah, two giant cookies with creme in the middle, and a lot of loud singing and crazy dancing along the way home. Surprisingly, the only casualty of the evening was the zipper on my jacket. I can hopefully figure out how to fix it though. I had so much fun! Please note the difference in the before and after pictures of me. They are proof that sometimes I look like a mess! At the end, Amanda, Mady, Michael, and Brody had gone inside because they were too cold. My boss told me he thought I would have wimped out before anyone. Rude. My love for fun and adventure always beats how much I hate the cold. I'm a trooper.
Tomorrow is movie night with Julie Anne as soon as I get some homework out of the way since I did not get any done today. And, just to add some enjoyment to your day, you are welcome to look at some of the most beautiful pictures I have seen in a long time. Cheers to the freakin' weekend! I'll drink (chocolate milk or hot chocolate) to that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...