Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Beginning the Countdown

Have you ever seen the movie 27 Dresses? This girl is a bridesmaid 27 times, but on the 28th time, she wears a white dress that she got to pick for her special day. Well, I am starting my countdown of 27 dresses. I wore one at Dani's wedding and one at Kaitlyn's. Two down, 25 more to go before my day. I need to go make more friends... Anyways, at Kaitlyn's wedding I once again got to think about what it may be like on my special day. Here are some of my ideas: 
Decorations in the church gym:
 The Groom:
The ring: 
 
 The dress:
The flowers:
And if he wants to splurge and get me a puppy with the ring... Well, I wouldn't complain!
Also, he has to want a family because I want a few of these:
And maybe one or two of these:
Dear future husband, I don't know if I have never met you or if you are someone I have known for years. I don't know what you like to do, but I do hope you like to have fun, watch movies, swim, play with dogs, and maybe even kayak on occasions. I hope you have a strong testimony of the Gospel, and I hope we can keep each other strong when times are tough. I even hope when there is a really cute shirt or dress at the store that you don't let me buy it because I would have to alter my "covenants" in order to wear it without them showing. I hope you don't mind that I don't want a big, flashy wedding. An intimate sealing and a small reception at the church gym is really all I want. I hope my dress and ring reflect who you and I are: beautiful, elegant, simple, and timeless. I hope you know that I am not like other girls. I'm not a crazy dancer, and I am not a singer unless you count times in the car when I sing as loud as I can which I know sounds horrible. I am more serious, but I will love you forever. I cannot wait until the day I find you. Whether it is tomorrow or in the years to come, I cannot wait to have eternity with you. I can't wait to have kids just like us that drive us absolutely insane sometimes but are so cute and lovable. I know you will love me, from the sass to the southern charm, because I will love you, all of you. Until that one fine day where I get to meet you... I will keep waiting and smile every time I think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...