Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Save Only One

There are always those people that don't get the credit they deserve. I am sure in the life to come they are rewarded beyond measure, but I feel like I need to give one of them a little credit now. In Alma 23 it talks about those who converted unto the Lord. Many Lamanites were converted, but none of the Amalekites were converted, "save only one (v.14)." The Amalekites and Amulonites knew the gospel and fell away. Later on the scriptures talk about those two groups and how much harder their hearts were toward the gospel and how much more ferocious they were in trying to kill the righteous Nephites. My heart goes out to the one. The one who isn't even named. The one who is given no glory for his bravery. The one who has no credit for returning. I have a sincere love for this one Amalekite. I honor him for what he did. I cannot imagine how hard it would be to turn from everything he knew, his friends, his family, and his lifestyle, and be a part of this people that were given a new name, a new place to live, and a completely different way of life. I hope one day I will be able to come to know him. I want to know so much more about him. I want to know his name, what he was like, and how he did it. I guess the thing I want most is to be like him. I want to have that bravery and determination to live in a way that is pleasing to my Heavenly Father. Until I get to meet him in heaven, I will forever admire this "save only one." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...