Sunday, June 15, 2014

Kisses for Daddy

Becoming a father is one step closer to becoming more like Heavenly Father. I think my dad is pretty darn close. After all, "what does the Father ask of us?"

Have faith... Dad always helps me have faith in things to come. He always tells me that you have to kiss a few frogs before finding a prince, and a special boy is out there for me. Dad shows me his faith through his example, and I have always wanted to be like my daddy. 
Have hope... Dad has taught me to have hope. His life isn't easy, but he always has hope for better things to come as Elder Holland puts it. I see the hope he has for me each time we talk about what I am going to do with my life or my dreams. He has taught me not only to hope for dreams to come true but to go out and chase them. 
Live like his Son... It is a joke here that dads give "Come to Jesus talks." I was never sat down and given one of those talks as I can recall, but after some of my conversations with my dad I have wanted to become more like Christ because I can see the light of Christ in him. Once again, I want to be like dad! 
Help others on their way... He also helps me have faith through my trials. Being at college away from my family has been a journey I would not trade for anything, but it has had its rough patches. Good thing my dad was always there to help me make it back to the sunshine. I love him for that. So, so much. 

By being close to my dad, I can feel myself grow closer to my Heavenly Father. My dad is a wonderful example to me through being a worthy priesthood holder, loving his family, and always doing the best he can for those around him. Dad makes the best desserts, he can't help but smile when I am happy about something, he gives the best, most comforting hugs of anyone I know, and he has a daughter that loves him beyond compare. So, Happy Father's Day to the most wonderful dad around. I am so thankful I have you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...