Saturday, June 14, 2014

The One About Fire Girl

When I was in Girl Scouts, my nickname became "Fire Girl." It fit me. I was always the first one at the fire and the last one to leave. I would build it and help put it out. Last night I went to a bonfire with my roommates and a few guys from our ward. The name still stands. I love the way the colors bounce in the ever-changing flames. I love the crackle it makes as the wood burns. I enjoy the heat it puts off, even when it is hot outside. When I come home smelling like campfire I don't want to instantly peel off my clothes and shower. It makes me remember all of the wonderful times I have spent around a campfire: Girl Scouts with my best friend and her mom and the other girls in the troop, girls' camp meals and testimony meetings, trek after long days of walking and walking and walking, and even making s'mores with my family in our little fire-pit. Campfires make me smile and miss all of those laughs with my friends or being surrounded by my family with my shivering dog in my lap. This post is dedicated to those wonderful times and memories that I will forever cherish and of course to Fire Girl who has changed so much yet is somehow the same.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...