Friday, March 1, 2013

A Busy Week

Over the course of the week, a lot has gone down. Monday started off on the wrong foot with my high heels puncturing the V8 can in my backpack. Do you know what that means? V8 everywhere: notes, planner, heels, etc. I also took my first test for archaeology... Bombed it. Rough Monday. It was fifteen hours on campus that day. Tuesday I got up extremely early to spend time with my cousin who was in town from Texas. We went to temple square and had a snowball fight, we went to the zoo, we went to the This is the Place Monument, and we went out to lunch. There was a ton of snow, it was freezing, I was late to the office, and it was totally worth it. Wednesday I was so sick. I had to lay on the floor or I got nauseous and dizzy. So, with a sore throat and hot/cold flashes I laid on the floor until office hours. With some TLC from my friends, my week got better from there. I went home that night already feeling better and I talked to one of my friends outside for half an hour. I still went to bed early, but the next day I felt like a new person. I had no class, but I had a ton to do. I went to lunch with a girl from the office I never get to see anymore. I studied for yet another test I had to take and finally went to take it. I did better on that one, but I still did not do as well as I would have hoped. Then came office hours and our School Spirit Pre-game activity. I then actually got to go to the game and had a wonderful time with Alyssa. I am going to miss her when she goes on her mission. Alyssa and I left our bags in the BYUSA office because we did not want to carry them to the game. We did not think about how we would get them back when the Wilk was locked when the game ended. So, I went home hoping my apartment was still unlocked. No worries. It was. Today was just wonderful. I started by making cranberry orange bread. You may think that is a ridiculous activity for six in the morning, but it was totally worth it. Then, I went to classes without any of my notes or note-taking devices. No big deal. Then, I went to the office. Let the fun begin. I studied for my marriage prep test which was my third and final test for the week. Eric was in there studying at the same time. At one point, we were both listening to music and studying for our tests when all of the sudden he flipped around and told me how thankful he was for me and how he would not have been able to get through this year without me being there to remind him of things and help him. Surprised? Yes. It was nice. We then proceeded to walk to the testing center together and sat by each other when taking our tests. He kept making faces at me. If I had done badly on that test I would have blamed it on him. We finished our tests at the same time, and turned them in. I got a 100% on that. I am totes prepared for marriage! He made fun of me for a minute, but then we walked back together and just laughed at the whole thing. I ran into Rob when we got back and he told me how beautiful I looked today. I thanked him and we sat and talked and ate chocolate for a little bit. Thanks to him I not only look beautiful, but I feel beautiful. After hiding under a desk and behind a couch to avoid a meeting, Eric finally found me so the rest of office hours were spent in meetings. They were fun meetings full of excitement. So much is happening in the next few weeks! My stomach is in knots of excitement and anxiousness. When it was all over I said goodbye to all of my friends. I was about to leave when Eric told me to wait. I did. He just wanted me to wait so we could walk out together. I have missed my big brother. I came home to the cutest post it notes and earrings on the kitchen table waiting for me. I have no idea who gave them to me, but it made my smile even wider. Basically, I have the best friends and family a girl could ask for. I do not know what I would do without all of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...