Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Good Thing I Have Amazing Friends

So, I did not get my BYUSA position. I knew that when Brandon got elected and I found out Angela was no longer going to be the coordinator. Yesterday I spent a good few hours crying on and off. I was fine at first. My coordinator told me which made it easier on me, and I went to the office late. When I finally got there, my coordinator was waiting for me. Dang it. I escaped but ran into the new president who then told me the news since he didn't know that I already knew. After that I broke. I ran to the bathroom. When I got out Austin was waiting for me. He picked me up and we walked around the Wilk. Kind of awkward but it made me laugh. We ran into Kennedy at some point and she grabbed me and took me to Jamba. My friends know what I like. When we were done and went back to the office I ran into Alyssa who had a HUGE chocolate bar waiting for me. We walked around more since I did not want to have to talk to Eric about it. I left the office early to go and hang out with Meghan. That girl is not having the best time either. The Meg(h)ans are a mess. We have a weird connection. Anyways, we walked home together and decided we needed to go to Jamba Juice. We went and sat in the sun for over an hour drinking our smoothies. Then, driving with the top down and listening to music with perfect lyrics such as "Catch My Breath" and "Ridin Solo." Eric found out and called me every half hour. I texted him and told him I would be fine, but he didn't stop. He isn't having the easiest time right now either. I feel so bad for him and Meghan. I hate having a hard time, but it is harder to watch someone you love have a hard time. I have a mom mentality.  I did learn yesterday that having someone help you doesn't mean you failed; it just means you're not in it alone. One of my friends also told me that good things come to an end. We just have to remember the great times we've had and cherish those experiences. Well, my year is not over yet. We still have a few amazing events to put on. I will never forget the amazing people I have met and become friends with, the fun that I have been able to partake of, the smiles and laughs shared, the tears shed, and the relationships that have been built. My BYUSA team is my family. The rest of the year is going to be a blast, and then I will move on to something even better never forgetting all that I have learned here.

1 comment:

  1. I'm truly sorry about the position, Megan. But I'm glad you have people to lift you up.

    ReplyDelete

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...