Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Building My Testimony

Last night was odd. I felt awful, but I went to FHE anyways. When I got home I put banana bread in the oven that I had left sitting out for two hours. By eleven I was exhausted, but the apartment smelled like banana bread so I had to have a piece  Going to bed close to midnight is a little later than I prefer, but it didn't matter. By four in the morning I thought I was going to die. I could not fall asleep and the coughing would not stop. So, at four in the morning I said a short prayer asking (but really pleading) with my Heavenly Father that I would feel better. I woke up at eight and was ready to take on the day. I don't feel 100% better still, but I don't feel like I have the plague anymore. I went to devotional where the General Primary President spoke. She was wonderful, but my favorite part was the hymn we sang at the very beginning. 
"My life is a gift. My life has a plan. My life has a purpose, in heaven it began. My choice was to come to this lovely home on earth and seek for God's light to direct me from birth."
"I will follow God's plan for me, holding fast to His word and His love. I will work, and I will pray. I will always walk in His way, and I will be happy on Earth and in my home above." 
After devotional I came home to get my car. I had a job interview today. I think it went well. I guess I just have to wait and see. On the way to the interview, a song I have never heard came on the radio. 
"Don't you worry, don't you worry child. See, heaven's got a plan for you." 
Back from the interview, I went to BYUSA and just got to have fun with some work thrown in. Think retreat and leadership ceremony planning with chocolate, water fights, and girls camp stories. Seriously best thing ever. I got home and soon had to leave once again for my ecclesiastical endorsement interview. It went well, but I asked for a priesthood blessing after. That was a big deal for me. I HATE asking for things. It was really weird though. In stake conference I went with a prayer in my heart asking Heavenly Father to tell me what I needed to do. Every talk something was said about priesthood blessings. Each time they were mentioned I could feel the Spirit telling me that is what I needed. At some point in the last week someone told me when a feeling enters my heart I can either rationalize it away or accomplish it. Again, I hate asking for things, but I did it any way and accomplished the feeling I had felt. This man that I have never talked to before and has no idea what is going on right now blessed me with everything that I needed. I am so thankful for him, my mom and wonderful friend Dani for talking me into going, priesthood power, answered prayers, and my Heavenly Father. It was perfect. Walking home I had tears in my eyes from happiness. I could feel a tremendous weight lifted off my shoulders. What a wonderful feeling. I have a testimony of the power of priesthood and all of the priesthood holders in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...