Monday, March 18, 2013

Missing Home

Sometimes.... like right now.... I wish I was little again. I want pancakes in fun shapes such as teddy bears and turtles, peanut butter and jellies in the shape of dinosaurs, chocolate milk with a straw, and I want my mom and dad to make me those special things they would make for me such as tuna and noodles or Mexican chicken casserole. I want to be able to wear jelly shoes and princess dresses in public without people judging me. I want my mom to let me stay up while we are waiting for dad to come home from work and then race to my bed and pretend I am asleep when we hear the garage door. I want to eat numerous bowls of cereal and watch movies while my mom sleeps because she works the night shift. I want to be able to have tea parties and play wheelbarrow with my dog. I want my dad to take me to work with him so I can play hide and seek with my little brother, organize the booster seats by color, eat nachos or a hotdog and a giant cookie ice cream sandwich for lunch, go from movie to movie, and play in the arcade. I want to take bubble baths and make crowns from the bubbles or wash my hair and make fun designs in it. I want to be able to go to the playground and swing with my friends in the middle of the day. I want school to be learning my ABCs, tying my shoe, and learning my address and phone number. I want to have to go searching the house every night for my favorite blanket that I left somewhere (most likely the pantry since I am always after food). I want to pick the fuzzies off my blanket until it is just a little piece of holey fabirc or my stuffed rabbit until it looks like some kind of roadkill.I want to be able to curl up in a blanket and cuddle with my puppies. I want people to give me piggy back rides. Most of all, I want to come home to my mom calling me Boo, my dad calling me Little Bit/Angel Eyes/Nutmeg, and my little brother hanging on me.
Basically, I just really miss home right now. At a time when everything seems to be going against me, I look forward to going home on my birthday. I get to see my family and my dogs. I missed my puppy's birthday. I missed my parents giving my diabetic dog a chocolate covered ice cream cone. I am sure he loved that. I am also sure he got an extra dose of insulin that night. In a month and ten days I will be home. Not only will I be home, but I will be home with my family getting to see Wicked for the first time!!! And... I will be defying gravity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...