Thursday, March 28, 2013

No Spring Break for BYU

Forgive me for not posting in a while. I have been a little preoccupied with life. BYU does not get a spring break which is "totes cray cray" as one of my friends said. So, this week I have worked on three research papers, an academic proposal, a twenty minute oral presentation power point  numerous smaller assignments, and a ten minute oral presentation power point  They do not give us a spring break, and they rub it in our faces. Also, I have been on three (soon to be four) dates with Andrew since Saturday. He is in the Accounting Jr. Core so I am honestly really impressed and surprised that we have found the time to hang out that much over the past few days.
Monday one of my teachers asked me what was wrong last week. Out of habit I told him nothing. He responded by telling me that he knew I was not telling the truth. He then told me he was glad that I was feeling better. I asked him why he said that. He simply told me that it was good to see the light back in my eyes. I may have lost my sparkle the past couple of weeks. I am glad to have it back too, and I am so thankful to have one more teacher tell me that I light up the room. I missed the glittering feeling and the light that I know my eyes have now.
At devotional this week, I was sitting in my usual spot, right in front. The speaker kept telling jokes, and I was not laughing at any of them. ANY of them... He was talking about how he tried different majors. When he tried math they told him that 60% of people didn't get basic math.60%, that's almost half right? He then said he tried English and worked as a spellchecker at the M&M factory. I honestly did not get it. I sat there with a confused look on my face and watched as the whole BYUSA presidency started laughing at me. The lady next to me leaned over and told me it was because they had to sort out the Ws. I believed her until I thought about it a couple minutes later... Blonde moments at their finest. Anyways, the speaker said the key to happiness is to be happy today. So true.
Monday I went on a date with Andrew to the basketball game. We got dinner first, but the game was the fun part. We have been texting almost nonstop for the past three days. He sends some of the sweetest texts. They really make my day when I wake up to them. Yesterday we went to watch another basketball game with him. I just like spending time with this guy. I don't really know why he popped into my life all of the sudden, but I honestly don't mind.
Tomorrow I give my long presentation and turn in all but one of these ridiculous papers. Also, instead of hanging out with Andrew I will be going on a date with my dear old roommate Kaitlyn. I am honestly really excited about all of this. Then, Saturday comes with the Festival of Colors, a bridal shower, a date with Andrew, and maybe time to finish my last research paper. It is only twelve pages... I definitely know what I will be working on my Easter Sunday. I am exhausted, but all of this fun keeps me going. I am so tired of school it isn't even funny. Maybe, just maybe, I will be able to get out of my summer classes so I can work and just have fun over the summer. 
I found a quote earlier that says, "We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." I am so glad I let go of the things that have been dragging me down. Things that still make me sad when I think about them no longer are wearing me down and no longer make me cry when I think about them. There is a new life waiting for me. I just had to let the old one go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...