Saturday, August 3, 2013

Dream Life and a Rooftop Concert

Waking up today, I really had to ask myself if this was real life. I have been taught what it is like to be truly valued and loved, I have a job, I have a large container of eggless cookie dough in the fridge that I have been eating with a spoon, I actually had good dreams and slept through the night after getting to bed before midnight, and I was ready to take on the world. I started my day straightening my lion mane and actually putting on make-up. I then started doing stuff for my job. After coming home, I went out with Dani and we went to Trafalga. Bumper boats, go-carts, little rides, and rock climbing filled our day. We also had the options of putt putt and laser tag, but we were done for the day. It was great.
Then tonight, we headed off with Emilee and Tyler to my first concert (the Demi Lavato concert at Sixflags was great, but it doesn't really count). The heat was almost unbearable. The sun beating down started making me feel dizzy after only a few minutes. I was just in such close proximity to so many people that I couldn't tell if I was getting oxygen or all discarded carbon dioxide. Not only that, but with every breath I took came an odd array of smells no one should have to smell, especially all at once. All of the blood stayed at my feet instead of circulating through my body, leaving my brain feeling left out. As the sound left the speakers, my chest vibrated, my ears cried, and my head ached. After the first hour, I was honestly done. I did not know any of the songs, and as beautiful as the songs were, with the playing band the singers' voices were drowned out, and their stage presence was lacking. I was about to forget the excitement I had just an hour before about getting to go to my first real concert. 
Then... Mindy Gledhill came on stage. Her outfit demanded her stage presence. She was one of the cutest things, and I loved her songs. The smile once again returned to my face, I could clap with the crowd to the beat of the songs, and I could almost forget the odd array of smells, the heat, and my sore feet. I have never seen so many hipsters with the hipster glasses, rolled up colored skinny jeans, and name brand everything in one place. Then again, I have never been to a rooftop concert in the middle of our dear Provo. I loved every minute of Mindy singing, even when she invited the previous bands to come sing with her. She was happy, lively, running all over the stage, and truly enjoying being there singing in front of everyone. I love her, and I cannot wait for her new album to come out. With her being on stage, the paper lanterns swaying in the wind, and the sun setting over the beautiful mountains, I could have been the happiest girl on the rooftop. Doing the skinny shimmy is another one of my few talents and getting off the roof was no easy feat even with my skills. By the time we got off the roof, I was exhausted from my crazy day, and all I wanted was water and to go home and watch Harry Potter. My wishes were granted, and it was an overall wonderful night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...