Monday, August 5, 2013

I'll Take a Screwdriver Without the Vodka, Please

Surprising no one, BYU was named the most "stone-cold sober" school in the nation. This is the sixteenth year in a row they have won this award. Let me go drink some milk shots or orange juice on the rocks with a little umbrella to celebrate. 
In other news, I survived my first day of work. Now, not too long ago I was with my BYUSA group at Boondocks. We were having so much fun, I was walking and talking and having a great time as I headed to lunch with my friends. Then, all of the sudden I slammed into a glass window thinking it was an open door. As I stepped away I was in complete shock. I could not do anything. Everyone kept asking if I was okay and laughing at me at the same time, but all I could do was stand there with a dazed look. That is how I felt leaving the Hinckley Center after my first work shift. So much information. So many new faces. I did take comfort in the fact that I get to work with some girls from BYUSA. It is going to be good. Also, guess what I got? More free BYU shirts! I am allowed to raid the supplies and pick any BYU shirt that I take fancy to. This job is seriously like BYUSA. I am so excited. I am doing bigger events, responsible for even more than before, and will be in contact with alumni and all of the "big wigs" on campus. It sounds intimidating, I know, but I am going to love it! 

1 comment:

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...