Thursday, August 1, 2013

No More Bitterness

Sometimes you get upset with someone because things seem to go so perfectly for them all of the blessed time. Sometimes you get upset with someone because they are living the life you want. You hold this bitter grudge against them even though they did absolutely nothing to you. They are not in the wrong. You are. I am sad to say that I have been holding these types of grudges. If I saw certain people, my teeth were set on edge, and I did all I could to avoid them. No more. In holding these grudges, you forget to look at the beauty in your own life. You focus only on what is bringing you down. It makes your life seem like such a hard task, and you wish everything could be different. Funny thing though... We all have trials. Someone who got the BYUSA position I wanted may get yelled at all of the time because they have no clue what they are doing. Someone who's life seems perfect may never learn the value of doing something for themselves. Or, things could continue to seem great for them while they fight internal battles we know nothing about. Last month, I started this thing where each month until Christmas I am going to make a goal to keep the Christmas spirit with me throughout the year. Last month, I figured it out at the last minute. Like I said in the previous post, I am going to raise my Ebenezer and remember all of the things my Heavenly Father has done for me and better record these spiritual experiences in my journal. This month I am not going to focus on how wonderful others' lives seem. I will continue to provide service to others and greet everyone with a smile (even those I once held a grudge against). 
Today prayers were answered, and I got a job. It is a job that will last until I graduate. I am doing what I did in the BYUSA office, but I get paid for it. I will be able to go into work and enjoy it. The funny thing, this is not one of the million jobs I applied for. This was someone passing along my resume. Here I am recognizing the hand of God working in my life. My life isn't perfect. Neither is anyone else's. But my life is pretty darn great when I recognize all my Heavenly Father does for me. Also, today has just been wonderful. Aside from all of this, I am wearing basketball shorts and a tshirt with my hair in a ponytail. People still whistle at me as I go by, and EFY kids have yet again earned my love through buying me ice cream. BYU students complain about them, but I enjoy them being here. 

2 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful realization Megan! You will live a much happier life by counting your own blessings and realizing that the blessings of others do not detract from yours.

    Congratulations on the job! I'm so glad that worked out for you and that you are pleased with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this makes me happy. I am glad that you have found a peace within yourself. I am so glad that you got this job and that you love EFY kids. I think they are the greatest.

    ReplyDelete

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...