Sunday, October 13, 2013

The End of Homecoming Week

"Somebody peg Megan!" As the Student Alumni truck drove by, I heard Curtis yell that right before candy started coming from all directions right at me. Ducking, dodging, and finally hiding behind Makenna, I managed to avoid all of it. 
"MEGAN!!!!" *Mark waving and shooting the cheesiest grin ever my way before having to start his folk dance*
"Oh hey there, Megan!" *Bryon as he walks with his ballroom dance team*
I got so many more smiles, shout outs, and waves. You could have thought I was the parade. Watching the homecoming parade this year was more fun than being in it ever could have been. After the parade all of the roommates left to do their own things, and I took the opportunity to clean the apartment. Sweeping, dusting, organizing, mopping, vacuuming, and wiping down the counters and cabinets went on with "Happy Working Song" stuck in my head the entire time. Soon it was time to go to the football game. With Meghan, Spencer, Dave, Janessa, Kim, Dani, and Tyler I watched this game. My school (high school or college) has never won a homecoming game, but BYU did not let me down for my last homecoming before graduation. We won! A long wait at Wendy's and Hunger Games followed. So, homecoming week is over. I am tired but happy. The most stressful weeks of my job are over with, and now I can even more happily go to work and help plan events on a smaller scale. This week was so surreal. It is so odd to think this is my last homecoming. It was weird to not be in the parade. It was weird that we won the game. It was weird to not have a mum. It was weird to talk to Eric all night last night. It was weird that Justin didn't talk to me much at all (I found out why later). It is hard to believe that it was only a week. It feels like forever. So BYU, thank you for giving me the friends, the devotion, the fun, the activities, and the experiences that got me through this odd but amazingly fun week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...