Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Sister Missionary and Her Shoes

The past couple of days I have had the ultimate mom mentality. Yesterday afternoon I got to go pick up my cousin from the airport. We took the scenic route home (okay, I was talking and missed the exit and we were SO LOST). I got to be her companion for a day. We made a really good dinner, went onto campus for a few things she still needed, went out with one of her friends, went to The Chocolate, and then went to visit some of the people she used to work with. I loved getting to spend time with her. Today, we made crepes for breakfast and had lemon bars and bacon on the side. We got ready and went to the temple for the stereotypical picture in front of the Provo temple before entering the MTC. Then we went for lunch for a small bowl of soup. On the way home, she called her family to tell them goodbye one last time. I cried a little bit then, but I kept it together. Afterwards we had to drop Becca off at the MTC. I was fine until she hugged me goodbye. Then, the waterworks. Oh my traumatizing. Jen and I cried until she dropped me off at work. I walked into work with the glaze still over my bloodshot eyes. I know, attractive, right? I just love Becca. I know she is going to be an amazing missionary. Heavenly Father is looking out for her. So, good luck, Becca, in all of your missionary endeavors. No one will be able to resist that smile that I love so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...