Monday, October 14, 2013

If the Number on the Scale Was My Test Score and Vice Versa

There was nothing really special about today. It was an average Monday. I was a little let down not too far into it, and the feeling was hard to shake. I slowly walked into my meeting since I was already late, but I made it just in time to hear this thought. Succeed anyway. Be happy anyway. Do good anyway. Give your best anyway.... My best will never be enough. Honestly, I am not the skinniest or the prettiest. I do not feel comfortable in some clothes. I am not as small as I was freshman year of high school. But really, who is? I do not go on very many dates.... Dang that Anderson curse. I work all of the time, and I work hard only to be yelled at sometimes. I try to be a good friend for my friends or roommates to learn something secondhand. Then they do not have all of the information and get mad at me. I can study for hours on end to get a mediocre score on a test. I try to do everything right only to be tried and tested even more by Satan. You know what though? I am perfect in my own "I'm going to eat as many french fries as I want, wear whatever I want, do what I think is right, keep wading through the storm, and keep smiling" kind of way. It is between me and my Heavenly Father. None of the other pointless drama matters. I am doing my best, and that is all that matters right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...