Friday, October 18, 2013

The Grinch's Small Heart Grew Three Sizes that Day

I had a few golden moments today. Moments that made me feel like I have been the Grinch whose heart was three sizes too small and grew to three sizes too big. For instance, we have a daycare on campus for employees' kids. They went on a "field trip" around campus today collecting as many different kinds of leaves as they could. The whole time I was out with them they were in the courtyard of the JFSB. Throughout campus you could hear dozens of these kids chanting B-Y-U! Over and over again I heard it. As it kept going it echoed through the courtyard and down the staircase I was on. A huge smile broke out not only on my face but on the faces of every other student outside at the time. Another instance was when a girl at the grocery store raved about how my hair was done the whole time I was checking out. She told me she always wanted her hair to be like mine was but could never get it to work... It was in a falling out ponytail. When I got home, I tried on a shirt Dani got for our bridesmaids outfits. She told me something her mom had told her earlier that day, and all I could do was smile at her kindness. Then, instead of working on my midterm that is due on Tuesday, I looked back at old photos of me and my friends. Here is a flashback to a few golden moments. Times in high school and freshman year of laughter. I hope they warm your heart as they did mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...